Re: [xsl] Proper way to use XSL for HTML output?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Proper way to use XSL for HTML output?
From: Dylan Parker <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:18:08 -0800

Kevin,

Are you in ALL the same mailing lists as me? =) Orion, XSLT, ?? ...

Anyway.. back to your question...

[Linear Stylesheet Example Culled]

> If I want to add more in between the <body></body>, I just do it right down
> the list, as if I was doing normal HTML. I originally tried the "template"
> format, where you call various templates in the main template, then define
> each of those templates at the bottom of the page. I don't know which way is
> best though. The way I am doing it now seems more like how HTML is usually
> done (manually anyways). Is there a proper way, a "standard" way, or just do
> it how I want as long as it works?

For me the linear approach works for the large part of the html file..
but templates DEFINITELY come in handy... I use them for code to
handle form elements... navigation bars... copyright info... repeated
elements on the page..

What I do as well is put all of the reusable elements in separate XSL
files and then xsl:import them within the xsl files that they are
used.

This approach makes updating navigational items very easy as well as
removing a lot of re-typing.

Hope this helps.

Dylan