RE: [xsl] Can I parameterise encoding in xsl:output

Subject: RE: [xsl] Can I parameterise encoding in xsl:output
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:43:48 -0000

> The encoding attribute of the <xsl:output> element is set as a string.
> Mike - is the fact that SAXON doesn't report an error a bug?

If the encoding isn't supported, Saxon (as permitted by the spec) reverts to
UTF-8 and puts out a warning message that it is doing so. Unfortunately the
encoding as written to the XML declaration or the HTML META element is the
encoding that was requested, not the one that was actually used.

Mike Kay