Re: [xsl] 2 different stylesheets, applied sequentially, in IE?

Subject: Re: [xsl] 2 different stylesheets, applied sequentially, in IE?
From: "Michael Beddow" <mbnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:26:23 -0000

On Friday, February 02, 2001 2:22 PM
Edmund Mitchell wrote:

> 1. I have a Cold Fusion script that reads a stored procedure from an
SQL 7.0
> database.
> 2. The Cold Fusion script generates the XML file.
> 3. The XML file has a reference to the XSLT file. When
> I load the XML file into the browser, IE5.5 w/ MSXML3 applies the
XSLT.  No
> problem
> there.
>
> However, I need to apply a CSS stylesheet to the HTML generated as a
result
> of the first transformation, so that
> when I call up the XML file in the browser, the transform runs, and
then the
> CSS is applied, and I see
> the result of the CSS stylings on the generated HTML.

I expect I'm missing something, but I can't see the problem. Why not
just write the css class names etc (and the required css stylesheet
link element) out to the html via the XSLT?  Then, provides your css
is where the link says it is, the css will be applied when the html is
rendered. No second pass needed.

Michael