[xsl] Re: Could the value of the select attribute of a xsl:param element be redefined?

Subject: [xsl] Re: Could the value of the select attribute of a xsl:param element be redefined?
From: SFYang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:21:08 +0800

Mr. Novatchev

Thanks for your suggestions.

As the matter of fact, using msxml3 I have tried the following two DOM approaches
in writing the javascript. But none seems workable for me, I need your further directions. Thanks.

1. Jeni Tennison suggestions for Bharat dot Chintapally on Nov 18, 2000,

			function gotoprev()
			{
	var XMLDOM = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument");

	XMLDOM.async = false;
XMLDOM.load("test.xsl");

	// <===Suggested by Jeni
	var s =XMLDOM.selectSingleNode("//xsl:param[@name='pageno']/@select");

	//	s.setAttribute("@select",'3');

		alert(s.value);//<===    verify that  select value =1
        	s.value=2;     //<==     manually defined value =2
		alert(s.value); //<==   verify the select value=2
              alert(XMLDOM.xml); //==  verify the complete xsl:param in the xsl file}

        However; when returing to xsl file, the select value is shown unchanged,i.e.,1 ,why?

2.   Then I used the tip you responded to S.Fitzpatrick on Jan/19/01,to use the setAtrribute method.
      by adding  s.setAttribute("@select",'3'); to the above function.
      But I get the error message of " this property or method is not supported".

      Do I miss something important in using these DOM approaches?

~
eMail : SFYang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

UniSVR Global Information Technology Corporation,