[xsl] Announce: Ninth Edition of XSLT/XPath Tutorial Materials (XSL List)

Subject: [xsl] Announce: Ninth Edition of XSLT/XPath Tutorial Materials (XSL List)
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:37:23 -0500

Announce: Ninth Edition of XSLT/XPath Tutorial Materials

  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
  (XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
  Ninth Edition - 2001-01-19 - ISBN 1-894049-06-3
  Copyright (c) 2001 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
  / 375 Pages / Subscription price includes free updates
  /           / and separate copy of all example files.
  /           / Free 137-page download preview excerpt.

This revised Ninth Edition again contains all constructs of the W3C Recommendations for XSLT 1.0 and XPath 1.0 with additional text, examples, and new content based on feedback and requests for additions from existing customers. It has been just over six months since the last edition.

The free download preview excerpt (in both A4 and US-letter page sizes) has also been updated to reflect the content of the Ninth Edition. If you have downloaded the earlier free preview excerpt, you may wish to pick up a new copy.

We chose to wait for the finalized XSLT 1.1 before changing the body of the material, though we did summarize the anticipated changes based on the working draft in a new temporary module that will disappear in the next edition.

As with our other editions of this XSLT training material, the purchase of any edition of this publication entitles the customer to all future editions of the same material at no charge. Future editions will continue to track changes in these Recommendations, therefore, your one purchase (there are no continual fees) will always be up-to-date with these W3C technologies. Also, you can influence how the material evolves by asking us to consider changes you'd like to see.

Information can be obtained from the link below to the "Book Sales" section the Crane web site (also the location of the free download preview excerpt).

We hope you find this useful and we look forward to your feedback.

.............. Ken

p.s. Attention existing customers: You should have received your update notice by now, but more email addresses than last time (more than a few dozen this time) are bouncing. If you have not received your notice then I need to update my records with new addresses ... please forward a copy of your receipt in order to obtain the latest username/password for download. Any bounced addresses from this release will be removed from future announcements while we await word from you.

p.p.s. Derivatives of this material are being licensed by companies and training organizations around the world to deliver to their staff and their customers; see the bottom of our Course Schedule page for a list of current licensees and for our own deliveries of this material in the local Ottawa, Canada area (for example, there is one next month).

p.p.p.s. Customers of site-wide and world-wide purchases are entitled to free copies, just as the individual purchases, but only your company designated contact has been notified of the update. It is up to your company contact to obtain the copy to be posted on your internal networks. There is no limit to the number of staff members (not your customers, please!) who can obtain a copy through the site-wide and world-wide licenses.

cc:
XSL List
XSL-FO List
XML-DEV
XML-L
XML-EDI
comp.text.xml
microsoft.public.xml
microsoft.public.xsl

-- G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (Fax:-0995) Web site: XSL/XML/DSSSL/SGML/OmniMark services, training, products. Book: Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath ISBN 1-894049-06-3 Article: What is XSLT? http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/08/holman/index.html Next public instructor-led training: 2001-02-21,2001-02-27/03-01, - 2001-03-05/07,2001-03-21,2001-04-06/07,2001-05-01,2001-09-19