Access to CSS during a transform.

Subject: Access to CSS during a transform.
From: Adam Van Den Hoven <Adam.Hoven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:42:08 -0800

I was wondering if it is possible to access CSS values while doing an XSL
Transform. I'm thinking of a situation where we generate XHTML from our XML
Data and then apply a transform to the XHTML to produce some early HTML. On
an element by element basisi, this is relatively easy but I'm wondering if I
can access the style attribute and all its properties. The idea would be to
transform:
of
into
as painful as that is.

It seems to me that it should be possible to access CSS if its provided in
the source XML. This would mean that it should be possible (if alot of slow
work) to take a very complete XHTML docuement with CSS 2+ and produce a
workable (if far less useful) solution for a legacy browser.

Thanks,