Re: switching from xalan (J) to saxon

Subject: Re: switching from xalan (J) to saxon
From: Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:37:33 -0500

Kay Michael wrote:

>    (e.g. Xalan supports JavaScript, Saxon doesn't)

Does Xalan include a JavaScript interpreter?

Actually, I confused about something.  I thought I heard that
XSL or XSLT allows using scripting in transformation.  However,
I don't recall seeing anything about that in the XSLT spec.

Is such scripting a part of XSL (as opposed to the XSLT part), or is
what I heard just a reference to that fact that XSLT processors can
support extensions implemented in whatever language they want to support?

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus