Re: apply-templates iside for-each?

Subject: Re: apply-templates iside for-each?
From: Colin Muller <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 15:44:18 +0800

Norman Walsh wrote:

> Presented with this construction:
>
>   <xsl:for-each select="child::*">
>     <xsl:variable name="x.ischunk">
>       <xsl:call-template name="chunk"/>
>     </xsl:variable>
>     <xsl:if test="$x.ischunk != 0">
>       <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
>     </xsl:if>
>   </xsl:for-each>
>
> XT complains:
>
>   file:book2.xml:6: xsl:apply-templates inside xsl:for-each
>
> That's an XT bug, right? Or am I overlooking something?

Maybe a template selected by your apply-templates attempts to do an
apply-imports? The error message appears to be a typo in the XT code -
unless I'm misunderstanding that code , the relevant snippet of which
appears to be (from tr/ProcessContextImpl.java):

  public void applyImports(Node node, Result result) throws XSLException
{
    if (actionForEachLevels != null
        && actionForEachLevels[nOpenActions - 1] > 0)
      throw new XSLException("xsl:apply-templates inside xsl:for-each",
node);
[etc]

Colin