Re: valu-of select="filename"

Subject: Re: valu-of select="filename"
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:52:40 -0400 (EST)

Ronald wrote:
> We've got a xml file which we convert to asp using xslt.
> In this output we wanna use a "hitcounter". In order to do so we need a
> unique name for out "outputted html" file.
> Since the input xml file name is unique, we want to use this name.
> In other words, is it possible to output the filename of the file you're
> precocessing in the result tree?

No; the ultimate source of the source tree might or might not be a file.

I don't think it would be a bad idea for XSLT to offer this information in
the form of a system-property() function result, though.

Best you can do for now is pass in the filename as an external parameter.
The mechanism for setting the parameter value is dependent on the XSLT
processor; check the docs. In the stylesheet at the top level (as a child
of xsl:stylesheet) you 'pull in' the parameter with <xsl:param .../>.

   - Mike