Re: Xalan Error

Subject: Re: Xalan Error
From: Jim Hopp <jhopp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:00:37 -0700

Hi David,

I suspect you're running Xalan - you'd probably get a better answer on a
Xalan-specific list rather than the general xsl list (see
http://xml.apache.org/mail.html for info on Xalan mailing lists).

I've gotten this message before in Xalan-Java 1.2, I believe.  In my case,
the error message was incorrect - I was actually passing a string to a
function that expected a node set (which is still an error of course).  One
of the Xalan developers said he'd fix the errorneous error message.  If you
are indeed running Xalan, check the parameter to the function call to be
sure you're passing a node set.

If you do post this question to the Xalan-specific list, include the source
code - it will help the eagle-eyed experts on that list spot your problem.

Good luck,
Jim