concat of two strings to create an elem

Subject: concat of two strings to create an elem
From: Mala Ramakrishnan <mala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:55:33 -0700

Hi,

I'm new to XML/XSL. I tried unsuccessfully to search for an answer in
the archives, will be great if one of you can help me with this.

I have a string sent in as an element of xml which is a part of a URL
that I need to put in a <a> tag. How do I prepend the beginning part of
the url? Here is what I want:

input XML:

<command url="?operation=getList">List</command>

desired HTML:

<a
href="http://www.speedtrak.com:8900/servlet/RouterServlet?operation=getList>xyz</a>

xsl I currently have:
                                 <xsl:element name="a">
                                  <xsl:attribute name="href">
                                    <!-- need to prepend
http://www.speedtrak.com:8900/servlet/RouterServlet here -->
                                    <xsl:value-of select="@url"/>
                                  </xsl:attribute>
                                    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                                 </xsl:element>

Please see the comment in line 3 above. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mala