Re: Variable with Namespace

Subject: Re: Variable with Namespace
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:39:05 -0700

| As far as I can tell, I should be able to use a variable called <<foo:bar>>
|
|   <xsl:value-of select="$foo:var1"/>
|
| but when I try to run it using Xalan, I get the following output:
|
| XSL Error: pattern = '$foo:var1'
| Extra illegal tokens: ':', 'var1', style tree node:

Seems like a bug in the version of Xalan you're using.

XT, Saxon, OracleXSL, and MSXSL3 (Sept2000) accept $foo:var1.

Perhaps a later release of Xalan fixes this.
BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp/