RE: Which engine? (RE: JavaScript and XSL)

Subject: RE: Which engine? (RE: JavaScript and XSL)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:43:44 +0100

> After I realized that SAXON ( which is very good
> engine) makes hidden RTF->node-set typecast
> ( the thing MS were blamed for ),  I feel not
> comfortable when somebody says
> 'conformant XSLT engine'  in public place.

Yes, it was a mistake to add this to Saxon before the 1.1 specs are out.
Microsoft wrong-footed me, they withdrew the facility just after I
introduced it in order to be compatible. I shall change it in the next
maintenance release so you only get the facility if you specify
version="1.1". Then people can use it at their own risk.

Mike Kay