Re: question regarding "

Subject: Re: question regarding "
From: "Qi Rajkowski" <qir@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 20:46:29 GMT

Use

Don Box, Aaron Skonnard and John Lam's article "XSL Transformations: XSLT Alleviates XML Schema Incompatibility" talked about this. See "Controlling Output" section, <xsl:text disable-output-escaping> or <xsl:output cdata-section-elements=elementname>. You can find this artible in MSDN Magazine
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0800/XSLT/XSLT.asp

Qi

Maybe the question is too easy, but what i dont understand is : I have an XML-Document which contains Elements with Quotes like :

	<resource language="de">&quot;Hello World&quot;, says
Kenny</resource>

When I transform this Document using a stylesheet with the header

		<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="windows-1250">
		<DESCRIPTION><xsl:value-of
select="/resource[@language='de']"></DESCRIPTION>

the stylesheet replaces all Quotes leaving me with

<DESCRIPTION>"Hello World", says Kenny</DESCRIPTION>

when there should be

<DESCRIPTION>&quot;Hello World&quot;, says Kenny</DESCRIPTION>

What am I doing wrong ? Why does the processor replaces those quotes ? Or
are the " allowed in an XML-Document ?

Thanks in advance
Michael veeck