Re: compairing cousins?

Subject: Re: compairing cousins?
From: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:37:55 +1200

David Powell wrote:

> If I understand correctly the siblings of <mydate> are <categoryid> and
> <eventid> so using preceding-sibling wouldn't help me.

If you trace back through the current node's "dad" and "uncle" (excuse sexism
for the moment), you should be able to find its "cousin". In fact, it's made
easier by the fact that your template matches the "dad".

I haven't had time to test the following, but you should be able to get it
to work with some tweaking.

<xsl:template match = "row">
  <xsl:if test="not(preceding-sibling::row[1]/mydate = mydate)">
  </xsl:if>

Warren Hedley
Department of Engineering Science
Auckland University