ANN: Markup utility

Subject: ANN: Markup utility
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 20:05:24 +0100

A week ago, Charles Muller wrote:
>I am using XML/XSL to publish an on-line dictionary. By using <HTML> within
>the stylesheet I have been able to apply a certain amount of formatting to
>certain blocks of text. But I am wondering if it is possible, using XSL, to
>apply italics, bold, etc, to certain inline words within the dictionary
>entries that are marked up at <foreign>, etc.

I've created a small utility that will markup keywords within text for you.
 Import the stylesheet into your own, and you can markup text with optional
features like:
* marking up of whole words only, if desired
* case sensitivity, if desired
* mark all words, or only the first in a particular piece of text
* choose how keywords should be indicated in output with complete flexibility

Instructions, an example and a detailed explanation of how the utility
works can be found at [http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/utilities/markup.html]

I hope you find it useful - please send me any comments or suggestions.

Cheers,

Jeni

P.S. I've also added a short tutorial on using the Muenchian Method (keys)
for grouping at [http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/muenchian.html]
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com/