RE:
Subject: RE: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns...
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 10:25:44 +0100

>Well - consider Sebastian's test6.xsl ;-) He is generating
>40K HTML out of 500K of data. I can not belive he'l send
>those 500K to the client. I got the impression that he
>said that he may do that , but  I think  there is some
>misunderstanding on my side ;-).

It's possible he could. If someone is looking at dead people all day in
different ways it might end up being less network traffic. On an intranet it
might prove the best solution.

>> IMHO, server side transformations rule.
>
>Sure. And not only transformations, but pipes of transformations ;-)
>providing  the client with  the 'smallest possible chunk' and stuff
>like that . Client / server programming is hard. It is not "just place
>it all on client". Or  "just use RMI".

Maybe you are storing your data wrongly ;-)

In most cases 'the smallest possible chunk' will be a stylesheet and an xml
file.

Ciao Chris