outputting raw HTML from element body??

Subject: outputting raw HTML from element body??
From: e e <furriskey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

I have an element in my XML document containing HTML
tags, e.g.

killing at least
143 people and injuring more than 900 as it toppled
buildings across
the country's coffee-growing heartland, civil defense
officials
said.</p>

The only way I know of getting this content ,
including the HTML tags, through XSLT is to have CDATA
tags in the source document,
and to use disable-output-escaping="yes" when
selecting the content. e.g.

<![CDATA[
killing at least
143 people and injuring more than 900 as it toppled
buildings across
the country's coffee-growing heartland, civil defense
officials
said.</p>
]]>

<xsl:value-of select="body.content"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Without those CDATA tags the <p> tags are stripped out
alltogether.

Is there any way of outputting the content of elements
containing xhtml markup without modifying the source
document to use
CDATA??

Thanks,
Evan.