Xalan and apply-templates

Subject: Xalan and apply-templates
From: Craig Jardine <jardinec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:56:58 +0100

OK. Here's the problem:

I've got a simple Java program which inputs xml files and uses xalan to
query them. It seems to work fine, except when the stylesheet contains more
than one template. This causes an exception when xalan get's to the:
			 apply-tempates name="other templates name"   line.

Does this mean i have to pre-compile my stylesheet? Is it just something
that doesn't work in Xalan?. Am i doing something stupid? The stylesheets
are definitely correct.

Sorry if this is an old problem - but i couldn't find anything in the
archives.

Thank's for your help.

Craig.