RE: problem generating dynamic namespace declarations

Subject: RE: problem generating dynamic namespace declarations
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:28:51 +0100

> But in this case as is the case if writing xpath valued attributes,
> this isn't quite what you want to do, as you want to generate a
> namespace declaration that isn't used in the element or
> attribute name.

Yes, the requirement is there and I think there's no way of doing it. If you
wanted to generate, for example:

<xsl:variable name="my:var" select="3" xmlns:my="me.uri"/>

you would have to do it by generating an unwanted attribute my:dummy, for
example by writing

<axsl:variable name="my:var" select="3" my:dummy="" xmlns:my="me.uri"/>

Mike

PS: copying namespace nodes using <xsl:copy>, as per your previous reply,
isn't guaranteed to work: the effect is undefined.