Cross-references

Subject: Cross-references
From: "Manuel Montoro" <mmontoro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:41:20 +0200

Hi all.

I'm trying to make cross reference tables betwenn XML documents
using XSLT and I wonder how can I make it without knowing
exactly how many XML documents will I reference.

As the above sentence may be confusing, I will try to give an
example:

Suposse I have n XML documents that have the same DTD, say
chapters in a book.

In the other hand, I want to make an XSLT stylesheet that creates
the Table Of Contents using all chapters in a directory.

I want the stylesheet to be "intelligent" enough so when I add a
new chapter, I only have to launch the stylesheet and the TOC is re-
created.

I know that one solution is to use a "master" XML document that
list all chapters and to use the document() function inside the
stylesheet to access the chapter documents, but this solution
need you to edit the master document too when you add a new
chapter. I want the stylesheer to "scan" a directory for chapters.

Any suggestions?

Manuel Montoro
Responsable Producto
Novasoft, S.A.
Telf: 952978012
E-mail: mmontoro@xxxxxxxxxxx

Pensamiento del Dia:
    Casarse esta biÚn. No casarse esta mejor
                                                     San Agustin.