Style Rules for Mixed Elements

Subject: Style Rules for Mixed Elements
From: Charles Cantrell <chc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:27:46 -0500

I have a DTD that declares a mixed "Para" element as follows:

<!ELEMENT Para  (#PCDATA | Menu | GlossItem | Prompt | WindowID | ErrMsg )*>

An example Para is:

<Para>Selections from menu <Menu>1,2,1</Menu> are used to control paramite
tweaking.</Para>

I would like to write an xsl style rule that would format elements inside
the Para element with a color, for example, while leaving the "text" of the
Para element alone.

Formatting the above example, the character string "1,2,1" might appear in
green, while the rest of the text in the element might be in black.

Can this be done, or must I declare, for example, a "Text" element? so my
example would then be:

<Para><Text>Selections from menu </Text><Menu>1,2,1</Menu><Text> are used to
control paramite tweaking.</Text></Para>

Then I could do

<xsl:for-each>
  <xsl:apply-template select="Menu"/>
<xsl:for-each>