RE: Underlined Text

Subject: RE: Underlined Text
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TRA@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:51:11 +0200

> Java doesn't really cut it on high volume sites, I'm
> converting one right
> now from Java based servlets/XSLT to a C implementation.
> Performance is 6x
> faster.

This is a lot.  Could you please elaborate a bit on what exactly the differences between the two setups are?

Does the C version use a "streaming" form of XSLT where the input tree does not have to be completely built before output begins?  Do you use a completely different approach?  Does the Java engine have the necessary ressources to work -- i.e. enough memory, etc.

Is performance drowning on being flattened to a textfile piped servlets?

I have found the performance of Cocoon very sensitive to the underlying machine and it's configuration.  It might be a similar issue for you.

Best regards,
--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen      "... plus ... Tubular Bells!"
  Stibo lokalnr 1212