Re:xsl:text output literal text

Subject: Re:xsl:text output literal text
From: Rhonda Fischer <rhonda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 07:18:08 +0000

>Need to understand what you are trying to achieve!
>
>Mike Kay

Howdy Mike,

Thank you for your reply. I am attempting to
perform xsl conditional statements to determine
text that appears and variable substitution.
Therefore I have put my entire source document
in an xsl template matching on root (ProjectPlan).
An example follows. The error message I receive
is 'null'.

definition.xml
-----------

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='no'?>
<!DOCTYPE ProjectPlan [
        <!-- Here-in lies the DTD -->
]>

<ProjectPlan>
     <Variable>
            <Entry name='Client.Fullname'>Special Client Pty Ltd</Entry>

            <Entry name='Date.DeliveryWeeks' value='12'/>
     </Variable>
 </ProjectPlan>

master.xsl
--------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet>
<xsl:stylesheet
          version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="xml"/>

<xsl:template match='/'>

    <Template>
         <Content>
                <Section>
                      <SectionHeading>News</SectionHeading>
                             <Section>
                                   <SectionHeading>News
Details</SectionHeading>
                                         <xsl:if
test='ProjectPlan/Variable/Entry[

@name="Date.DeliveryWeeks"]/@value > 10'>
                                              <para> A block of text
</para>
                                          </xsl:if>
                                          <para>
                                              Our customer <xsl:copy-of
select='ProjectPlan/Variable

/Entry[@name="Client.Fullname"]/node()'/> some
                                               more text.
                                          </para>
                               </Section>
                   </Section>
              </Content>
       </Template>

</xsl:template>

command line:

java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet definition.xml master.xsl > newMaster.xml

I then intend to continue to apply further xsl template matches on the
newMaster.xml document to determine further formatting.

Any suggestions is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Rhonda