trouble creating a link

Subject: trouble creating a link
From: "Wayne Davis" <quietman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:12:50 -0700

*newbie alert*

I'm trying to create a simple link based on whether or not an email address
is included in my XML file... it works - but it is selecting all the text
that follows the first instance of an email address as part of the link. It
seems that I'm not closing the "href" reference...but I can't see what's
missing ???
Can someone help me here? This is the code I'm using:

<xsl:if test="EMAIL[.!='']">
 <li><font face="Arial" size="2" color="aqua">
 <a>
    <xsl:attribute name="href">mailto:<xsl:value-of select="EMAIL"/>
    </xsl:attribute>
 </a>
    <xsl:value-of select="EMAIL"/></font></li>
 </xsl:if>

TIA,
Wayne Davis