RE: feature request

Subject: RE: feature request
From: Laurie Mann <laurie.mann@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:47:01 -0400

>From: David Carlisle [mailto:davidc@xxxxxxxxx]

>what entity references do you want in the result?

>character entities that just expand to a uniciode character (or base and
>some unicode combining characters)

>arbitrary internal entities that expand to some clump of xml marked up
>text that you want to reuse

>or

>references to external parsed entities?

In an "ideal world," it would be nice to be able to configure this in
the stylesheet.

Maybe you want to be able to call in external entities.  Perhaps you want
to transform character entities.  It seems like these things should be
definable
in the stylesheet without hacking the output.

Even just a minor point - I'm still learning XSL and I could not figure out
how
to pass a string so that a server side include would appear in the HTML
output.
Instead, I had to insert the contents of my server side include file into
the
stylesheet, instead of a call to a server side include (which would have
been
much cleaner).

(I did buy Micheal Kay's XSLT book on Friday and it looks good but a
pounding
sinus headache prevented me from understanding any of it this weekend!)

Laurie Mann
http://www.dpsinfo.com/xml/index.shtml