RE: External Function Call From Style Sheets (2nd Try)

Subject: RE: External Function Call From Style Sheets (2nd Try)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:44:24 +0100

> Omar López Ruiz wrote:
>
> >     Hi all,
> >
> >     I'm trying to call an external Java function from an XSL-T
> > stylesheet as follows:
> >
> > <xsl:stylesheet
> >      version="1.0"
> >      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
> >      xmlns:dxsutil="DxsUtil">
> >
> >   <xsl:template match="/">
> >     <HTML>
> >       <H5>About:<BR/>
> >       <xsl:if test="function-available('dxsutil:about')">
> >       <P><xsl:value-of select="dxsutil:about()"/></P>
> >       </xsl:if>
> >       </H5><BR/>
> >     </HTML>
> >   </xsl:template>
> >
> > </xsl:stylesheet>
> >
> >     I've checked an e-mail from Michael Kay on April 13th of 2000
> > answering a very similar question, so I've followed his indications.
> > Although I think the URI of the namespace is irrelevant, I put the
> > DxsUtil.class file on the same directory of the stylesheet.

In the case of Saxon, the namespace URI must be the fully-qualified name of
the class (or anything that contains this name after the last "/"), and this
class must be on the classpath. The likely cause of your trouble is either
that the class belongs to a package, in which case you must include the
package name, or that the class isn't on the class path. Telling us the
error message would help!

Mike Kay