Re: PassiveTex Problem

Subject: Re: PassiveTex Problem
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 09:22:06 +0100 (BST)

Sydney writes:
 > someone in this list, tells me using PassiveTex
 > instead.
probably better to mail me direct with problems, but I'll answer this
one now its here

 > I have this in my log file.
 > ! LaTeX Error: File `rotating.sty' not found.
 > ! LaTeX Error: File `ulem.sty' not found.
 > ! LaTeX Error: Unknown option `normalem' for package
 > `ulem'.

you need *current* versions of packages (eg ulem), and you need the
rotating package. sorry.

 > I don't understand those errors because I have
 > downloaded all zip files(22Mb) of the MikTex 1.2
 > system.
I am not responsible for what Christian Schenk puts in his MikTeX
distribution

 > 2) PassiveTex and FOs Problem
 >
 > a)How to put a background image in each page?

not implemented, yet, I am afraid. on my TODO list

 > b)How fo:float work?
 > I want 2 paragraph to be opposite each other, so I use
 > fo:float. One in the left margin, the other in the
 > right of the margin.
 > How to do this with or without fo:float?
 > Is it implemented in PassiveTex?

no. I just implement  "traditional" floats so far

 > c)Management of margin.
 > I have a lot of fo:block with margin-left attribut for
 > instance margin-left="200px".
 > But in the PDF there is no margin, so is it
 > implemented in PassiveTEx or is there another syntax.

oh dear this is getting embarassing.  I do not support "px"
measurements yet, and b) I dont support margins on blocks (yet)

 > d)Attribute space-after.optimum
 > Here is the error.
 >         0:space-after.optimum = "0.4cm"  >
 > ! Illegal unit of measure (pt inserted).

that should have worked. can you send me a test file?

 > e)Is fo:inline-sequence implemented?

it is called "fo:inline" these days

I am updated PassiveTeX files this morning.

Sebastian