=?UTF-8?B?UkU6IEF0dHJpYnV0ZSB0ZXN0IHByb2JsZW0gc29sdmVk?=

Subject: RE: Attribute test problem solved
From: Medina, Edward <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:54:34 -0400

:I'm not sure which kind of simpler way you mean, but I typically
:approach lookup table problems of this kind like this:
:
:class.xsl:
:----------
:
:<?xml version='1.0'?>
:<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
:  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
:
:<xsl:variable name="class">
:  <c code="P" means="PRIORITY"/>
:  <c code="F" means="FAST"/>
:  <c code="R" means="ROUTINE"/>
:  <c code="S" means="SLOW"/>
:</xsl:variable>
:
:<xsl:template name="get-secur-class">
:  <xsl:param name="code" select="//@..."/>
:  <xsl:value-of
:    select="document('')/*/xsl:variable[@name='class']
:              /c[@code=$code]/@means"/>
:</xsl:template>
:
:</xsl:stylesheet>
I think I'll use the look up table format, it seems easier
to write, although it may be a little harder to understand
at first.
:
:Your '//' on the select of secur.classif, by the way, is a recipe for
:slow performance, but perhaps you have no other choice.
:
: Steve

Well I need to test all the secur.classif attributes on the entire
document that's why I went that route.  What do you mean slow
performance.  I haven't encountered any problems.  Do you mean
parser performance?

Eddy