Re: creating XML from a relational database

Subject: Re: creating XML from a relational database
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 21:27:01 -0700

> From: Matthew Cordes

> Is there an easy way to get data from a database (oracle) in xml?  I
> looked at perl's module to do this and it lacks rules to create the structure of
> the xml returned.  For instance, I really want to explain the relationship
> of each column to the document and have an exact xml doc made to suit me

Matthew,

You may try PXSLServlet ( http://www.pault.com/Pxsl/ ).

It allows generation of complex XML from any SQL ( JDBC ) database.
'complex'  means you can easily generate XML documents of kind:

<report>
    <id>100</id>
    <comments>
            <comment> some comment </comment>
            <comment> some other comment </comment>
    </comments>
</report>

PXSLServlet is open source and I'm supporting it.
( For example, in v 0.3 some things have been simplified
after I got some feedback on version 0.2 )

PXSLServlet is work in progress, but  SQL -> XML part is
robust.

Rgds.Paul.