RE: Is it time for an XSLT-list?

Subject: RE: Is it time for an XSLT-list?
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 15:17:17 +0100

The list owner does read the list, will have read this thread of his own
account, and is certainly paying attention. At the moment he is, however,
on site with a client (and doubtless off line), and is not likely to be
able do anything about this instantly.

Also, he is known (even within the office where he works) as a person of
uncommon sobriety and good sense, so he may want to take a day or three to
weigh various options in his head, before he decides exactly what to do.

I thought I should post to assure anyone that their meta-postings about
list administration are not being ignored: they certainly are not. Any more
suggestions are also welcome.

--Wendell (not speaking for the list owner)

BTW -- the price we are paying for the 1998 undocumented extension of the
XSL spec by Microsoft -- when they could have used an MSXSL namespace, at
least for the non-W3C bits! -- is to my mind ample justification for any
amound of standards hawkishness. More than a year later, we are all --
including Microsoft -- paying for this lapse. It's good to see indications
that in the meantime, they've gotten a bit more of a clue. Too bad for the
new folks, they're the ones who are really suffering!