RE: efficient filtering of XML files. ( XML!=content && XSLT!=pr esentation )?

Subject: RE: efficient filtering of XML files. ( XML!=content && XSLT!=pr esentation )?
From: "Narahari, Sateesh" <Sateesh_Narahari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:18:43 -0600

(I hope this has no such junk from outlook :-( ).

>>Nahraharis "100 times" seems to require a re-think tho, If I understand
>>this means 100 unique XSLs!

Well, in my design the filter is specified by the clients who may or may not
know the existance of the other clients. I am afraid this would mean 100
XSLs ( may not be unique ) at the Server who is performing the filtering for
them for the data.  If they are not unique, the problem is very simple, but
if they differ by just one rule, what do I do?.

Are we suggesting XSL is a bad mechanism for filtering a XML document?.

Sateesh