Re: references, books?

Subject: Re: references, books?
From: Michel Goossens <Michel.Goossens@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:15:33 +0100 (MET)

> Any opinions on the supposedly always up-to-date "Practical
> Transformation using XSLT and X-Path?"
> http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/
At present I think that Ken Holman's tutorial is the only "book" that
treats XSL/Xpath in great detail. I have bought the tutorial over a year
ago, and I am extremely happy with it. Moreover, you get free updates as
Ken improves his text based on feedback he gets when teaching XSL and
friends to student audiences worldwide. I think this tutorial is really a
good example of the advantages of publishing books electronically: they
are easy to keep up-to-date. Moreover, buyers can give feedback and are
informed when a new version becomes available. Finally, I think Ken is
working on a more "book-like" version of his tutorial, which will make
the presentation of the information even more attractive. So, as far as me
is concerned, I would consider the money well spend.
> I looked at the preview, but I don't feel it was enough to be sure.  I
> hate to pay for things when there are so many good free resources
You can also have a look at the marvellous XSL FAQ of Dave Pawson at
http://freespace.virgin.net/b.pawson/xsl/ or study the Xpath and XSL
(and other) ZVON tutorials at
http://zvon.vscht.cz/ZvonHTML/Zvon/zvonTutorials_en.html

mg