RE: Problem with entities and XT

Subject: RE: Problem with entities and XT
From: Mike Brown <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:33:26 -0700

> All the &nbsp; from the orginal XML document are translated by XT into
>

> Hypothesis:
> a) Something is wrong in my style sheet

The non-breaking space characters are being serialized with UTF-8 encoding.
The non-breaking space character, U+00A0, is encoded as 2 bytes. Whatever
you are using to view the document is not decoding it properly and is
showing the 2 bytes as 2 characters.

This could indicate something wrong in your stylesheet if you were expecting
to see a character or entity reference. Are you using the text output
method, by chance?