Character entities

Subject: Character entities
From: "Beckers, Marc" <Marc.Beckers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:04:35 +0100

Character entities continue to haunt me...

We use the Adept*Editor to create XML instances.
Of late, we use XSL with XT to transform our instances
to HTML and to XML DocBook.

With the output method set to "xml", however, references
to certain character entities result in garbage. Specifically:
ldquo, rdquo, ndash, mdash and sect. With output method set to "html",
entity references are retained and the characters display fine
(even if the conversion is to another xml dialect).

I've tried everything I can think of, but even putting the entity
declarations in the XML instance makes no difference.

Can anyone give me a hint as to a solution?

Thanks,
Dr. Marc Beckers
Documentation Consultant
Software AG