RE: question

Subject: RE: <xsl:copy-of> question
From: "Hunter, David" <dhunter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:31:17 -0500

From: Kay Michael [mailto:Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 17, 1999 6:27 AM

> Perhaps
>
>  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>  <xsl:template match="/">
>    <xsl:choose>
>      <xsl:when test="boolean(/employee/@FullSecurity)">
> 		<xsl:copy-of select="/"/>
>      </xsl:when>
>       <xsl:otherwise>
>         <employee>
> 	    <xsl:for-each select="employee/*[not(self::salary)]">
>           	<xsl:copy-of select="."/>
> 	    </xsl:for-each>
>         </employee>
>       </xsl:otherwise>
>     </xsl:choose>
>   </xsl:template>
>   </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> Mike Kay

Aha!  It works!  And one short hour after I sent the email throwing in the
towel on <xsl:copy-of>.  ;-)  (I had to change
boolean(/employee/@FullSecurity) to number(/employee/@FullSecurity), though.
boolean() seems to just check whether there *is* a FullSecurity attribute,
but if I change it to a number, then the test attribute is changed to a
Boolean for me, and it works properly.  I assume I could be even more
explicit, and say boolean(number(blah))...)

Now all I have to do is figure out my whitespace issues when FullSecurity is
false.  (Everything is indented beautifully when the whole document is
copied, but when it's copying them node-by-node, there are no newlines in
there.)

Thanks Mike.