Re: Change the value of global variables/params ??

Subject: Re: Change the value of global variables/params ??
From: oooo <oooo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 23:46:44 +0100

Patrice Bonhomme said:

> davidc@xxxxxxxxx said:
> ] However there is no real need to pass this information down as a
> ] parameter, as all templates can get the information in the original
> ] source tree.
>
> This is for performance as we are processing large XML documents.
>

> davidc@xxxxxxxxx said:
> ]<xsl:variable name="variable.lang" select="ancestor-or-self::*/@xml:lang"/>
>
> This is too much time consuming...
>

> The only solution i can see is to pass on the value of the xml:lang attribute
> to the callee-template.

maybe you should use an extension in your stylesheet, that allows global
vars, like i do.
For ex. : <ext_namespace:set name="variable.lang"><xsl:value-of .... >
</ext_namespace:set>
and <ext_namespace:get name="variable.lang" /> or <xsl:if
test="ext_namespace:get(name)='testvalue'" >... or something similar.

I could give you some advice on that if you are using lotusxsl / xalan.

Imre.