RE: HTML characters being converted

Subject: RE: HTML characters being converted
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:24:33 -0000

You need to make a paradigm shift. I sympathise, because I was trying to use
XSL the way you are when I first came across it, and all you end up doing is
banging your head against a brick wall. Take three steps to the left and use
the open doorway instead...

You've got to think in terms of outputting nodes, not tags in text. The
element node is a single atomic thing, you output the element node and then
its attributes and children.

You haven't described the problem in enough detail to give the answer, but I
don't see anything intrinsic in it that makes a "proper" XSLT approach
infeasible. If you post a simple example of your XML input and the desired
output I'm sure someone will leap to offer a solution.

Mike Kay