Re: Difficulty with ISO-8859-1 encoding

Subject: Re: Difficulty with ISO-8859-1 encoding
From: "Nikolai Grigoriev" <grig@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:16:35 +0300

Phil Lanch wrote:

>I'm not sure exactly why that doesn't work,
>but if you use
>    <!ENTITY cent   "&#162;">
>no error is signaled.
>On the other hand, the output is:
>     ¢
>(like the entity definition on your first post).

By the way, does anyone know the way to preserve the
numeric entities in the output? I am transforming documents
from XML to another XML, and prefer to get "&#162;" in the
output. But I have found no way to achieve this in XT:
I always get it expanded. Postprocessing seems to be the
only alternative; am I right? Or there exists a secret switch
like "disable-numeric-entities-expansion" ;-) ?

Regards,
Nikolai