RE: Transforming HTML to WML

Subject: RE: Transforming HTML to WML
From: James Robertson <jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:32:12 +1100

At 04:28 19/11/1999 , Olivier Martineau wrote:

James Robertson,
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy,
wrote:

>>And here is where XSLT comes into play: store the content in your own native
>>XML format, use one transformation sheet for the phones (yourXML->WML) and
>>another for the regular browsers (yourXML->XHTML).
>
>Absolutely. Very sensible.
>
>However, the original poster was asking
>about HTML->WML, or XHTML->WML.
>
>Which, as you point out, is not
>meaningful or useful.

I'm the original poster.
Thank you thank you so much, I didn't realize
how much I was lacking of sense!
Indeed, what I was asking was neither
meaningful nor useful (why don't you even say
"was meaningless and useless"?). But you gave me
great help by just telling everybody that you
agreed P. Stark's opinion, and making us see
how your memory is huge, since you could remember
what stupidities the original poster had written.

Actually, what I have is not HTML but a DTD of mine
that takes parts of the HTML definition, and indeed
I want to XSLTransform documents of this DTD into
either XHTML or WML according the final browser.

But I must be plain dumb to ask meaningless questions.
Thank you again for making me realize how a good
consultant you must be! Your help has been of the
greatest meaning and usefulness!

Ouch. ;-)

Actually, I wasn't insulting you (or at
least I didn't intend to). I was actually
insulting WML ... :-)

For an excellent article on WAP, WML, etc,
see:

http://www.4k-associates.com/IEEE-L7-WAP-BIG.html

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx