Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)

Subject: Re: Nostradamus (was Re: FO. lists as tables)
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:10:05 -0400

James Robertson wrote:

> [XSLT] will be proven better if the "average HTML coder" can
> understand it, and make use of it.

The web family of standards is not designed to be equally easy to use --
nor for use by the same people.

> Yes, I am aware that CSS has been around for a while,
> and that XSLT and XSL:FO are very new.

I think that the adoption rate of XSLT is actually faster than that of
CSS (way back when). The mailing list is bustling, the number of
independent implementations are astounding and it is literally embedded
in new versions of the most popular operating system(s) -- not just in
browsers but as a separately useful service.

 Paul Prescod