Re: XSL transformation from a java servlet

Subject: Re: XSL transformation from a java servlet
From: RSuiter@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:17:46 -0500

Clay Rowland wrote:

>i am encountering a problem with the position() function when i include in
in my
>xsl document.  i am using a java servlet to perform an xsl transformation
on an
>xml document.  has anyone ever encountered this problem and if so does
anyone
>have any tips for getting around it.  i am trying to only present the
first 10
>nodes from my xml document.

I had a similar problem using IE5.  When I searched MSDN site (just the XML
portion) with argument "position()",
I got a hit on a page describing a method called "context()".
When I replaced "position()" with "context()" and made a few other minor
modifications to match the example on the MSDN page, things started
working.
I think this means that IE5 doesn't implement "position()", and offers
"context()" instead.  I don't like it, because it is going in the wrong
direction in the long run.
But maybe it will help.

Rick