Re: Matching empty tags

Subject: Re: Matching empty tags
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:17:23 +0100 (BST)

   David Carlisle wrote:
   > If you have specified the result namespace to be HTML4 then your XSL
   > system should output the tree as SGML-based HTML and not use the XML
   > empty element form.

   Are you saying that it is not possible unless I specify HTML output? I
   guess, in general, I am attempting to transform empty tags into non-empty
   ones. Can I do that in an XML to XML transformation?

   Ed

No it is possible (and the transform you quoted looked about right)
I just mentioned the html feature as the most common reason for people
to ask to avoid xml empty syntax is because they are transforming to html.

I'll look at your example more closely tomorrow (when I'm not on the
phone from home:-)

David