servlet and xml

Subject: servlet and xml
From: LChen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:43:44 -0400

I have 100 pages to be displayed on the web with 6 styles. So I plan to use
servlet and xml to do that. But I don't know how to do it since I am new to
this field. All the infomation of each page is stored in a database (e.g.
pageName, pageNum, item1, item2, item3....). Do I need a SAX parser? How to
use it? What is the output of the servlet, a html page or xml page? Do I
need a xslt to output a html page from existing xml and xsl files? I'm so
confused. Could somebody tell me how to do it step by step? I'll appreciate
your help.