Re: Chapter 14 of the XML Bible now online

Subject: Re: Chapter 14 of the XML Bible now online
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:47:10 +0100 (BST)

> is based on the July 9, 1999 (fifth) ... yet implements all of the July
> 9, 1999 (fourth)

not(5=4)

> The xsl:variable element is an empty element that appears as a direct
> child of xsl:stylesheet.

or inside a template

> Each separate invocation of a named template can pass parameters to
> the template

as can invocations of non named templates via apply-templates.

<xsl:template name="ATOM_CELL">
  <xsl:param name="file">
   index.html
  </xsl:param>

                  ^^^^^^
depending on your white space setup you might want normalise there.

> An XSL style sheet embedded in an XML document
you probably want that stylesheet to explictly not display itself
(although I think in this case failure to do that only introduces
white space)

Otherwise looks quite nice.

David