Re: saxon impressions

Subject: Re: saxon impressions
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 15:32:19 +0100 (BST)

> there are also good practical reasons the other way, and so far, allowing
> updateable variables hasn't seriously compromised my implementation.

How do these saxon variables work? Do you mean that you can set a
variable in one template and see that value while executing another?

Doesn't that force a particular order on the way that the templates are
applied to the source document, something that is not needed (and not
specified) as the standard templates are side effect free?

David