Re: XSLT wish list

Subject: Re: XSLT wish list
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 21:49:57 -0500

"Robert C. Lyons" wrote:

> I'm writing an XSLT stylesheet that must validate some of the
> fields in the source document while transforming the
> source document into a new XML document. When my XSLT stylesheet
> finds a validation error, I would like it to do the following:
>
> - Write an error message to standard error (rather than to the result tree).
>   The error message should include the line number within the source
>   document of the invalid data.

I think that your wish is the working group's command:

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xslt#Messages

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Alabama's constitution is 100 years old, 300 pages long and has more than
600 amendments. Highlights include "Amendment 393: Amendment of Amendment
No.  351", "Validation of Laws Regulating Court Costs in Randolph County",
"Miscegenation laws", "Bingo Games in Russell County", "Suppression
of dueling".  - http://www.legislature.state.al.us/ALISHome.html