Re: Multiple XML files

Subject: Re: Multiple XML files
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 21:35:44 -0400 (EDT)

[Ray Waldin]
> Isn't the ...ref() suffix (as in idref(), keyref(), and docref())
> somewhat misleading?

I think the argument is that you give id() an ID string, and you give
idref() an IDREF attribute node.  Similarly, docref() takes a node
which is a reference to a document, while doc() takes a document
locator.

It's a little shaky, I agree, but moot; I believe that the foo() and
fooref() functions are going to be merged in the next draft.

-Chris