Re: What about IE5

Subject: Re: What about IE5
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:14:14 +0000

Hi.

I wont cover the same ground as Didiers comprehensive reply, as I find
myself agreeing with the vast bulk of what he has to say.

What I will add is that the delivery of dHTML (or dXML if you like) is a
bit of a pain with XSL. Definately doable, but it can get to be a drag.
With the IE5 HTCs the nightmare becomes a dream. What HTCs also bring is
the chance to create your own FOs, which given the current lack of Rec FOs
is very refreshing.

Definately worth a look, and a play. Even if you are planning on deploying
an app from Unix and a Java serlet, IE5 on a windows box might prove to be
a worthwhile prototyping tool.

Cheers
     Guy Murphy
     guy_murphy@xxxxxxxxxx