Re: W3C-transformation language petition

Subject: Re: W3C-transformation language petition
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:35:51 +0000

Hi.

I believe that I've answered similar before.... *windows*.

Windows 3.1 shows us quite clearly that marketing can win over regardless
of the worth of technology (no veiled references at previous threads).

I personaly remember many in the OS/2 community untering the mantra "we
have to win, we have the better OS".... didn't do them much good.

We do not live in a meritocracy, simply being better technically, or having
an advantage or two does not ensure victory. This is doubly important to
keep in mind when playing along side Microsoft. I am *not* and anti-MS
zealot, I'm actually a keen fan of much of their technology, I'm not
however naive and realise that with regard to what technology is rolled
into their browsers both MS and NS/AOL will take the path of least
resistence.

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 03/07/99 06:21:42 PM